Thursday, October 28, 2010

Quitting Doubt, etc

My dear friend, Chris, selectively sends me links to a variety of inspirational speakers and sites.  So this morning, i clicked my way to Sam Crowley* speaking with GREAT enthusiasm about the power of quitting.  Towards the end of his very animated video blog, I noticed tears welling up in my eyes when he said very encouragingly: become addicted to your passion. I could feel the longing to get out of my own way.

Sam gave the homework of making a list of things we want to quit.  I noticed myself writing at the top of my list: I quit doubting, then paused.  I have made that statement, or at least felt that intention, countless times.  I edited my reply to read something like: I quit letting doubt keep me from moving forward.  I quit fearing my doubts when they arise.

Would love to go further and find a creative, transformational way to embrace doubt (will contemplate this more and welcome you, my few sweet readers to share your reflections!!!)

Also wrote:
I quit comparing myself to others as a way to belittle myself.  instead i choose to notice what i admire and if/how i might wish to incorporate those qualities or aspects into my life.

i quit thinking i have to do it all myself.  (This latter intention leads me to some thoughts and a conversation last night about "mentoring," which will merit another post.

Btw: i cannot yet recommend or not recommend Sam Crowley.  definitely an interesting perspective i will check out a bit further.  stay tuned.

With gratitude for your presence,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome!